Monday, August 23, 2010

Lauren Gaita swims in honor of her Uncle Pete

I’ve been swimming for years. I started back in high school my sophomore year. I have taught swim lessons to children of all ages for the past six years at outdoor facilities, BOCES, and the YMCA of Tarrytown. I work full time as a Weight Loss consultant for Jenny Craig and heard about the Hudson Swim from a client at my center. I am swimming on behalf of my Uncle Pete who passed away from cancer in March 2010. When I looked into the charity it seemed like a great way for me to give back to the people I love who suffered and were affected by cancer. Since swimming has always been a hobby of mine, there was not a question about participating. This is the first charity event that I have registered for. Therefore, it means a lot me and I am looking forward to the swim on September 12.

No comments:

Click to Help Oxygen Electronics Raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Click to Help Oxygen Electronics Raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Click to Help Oxygen Electronics Raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society